Sunday, December 9, 2007

Jewelry Home Party a Success!

Last weekend was the long awaited jewelry home party... It was a lot of work, but so much fun! I had been preparing all week - polishing, pricing, and packing up to go on the road (for the first time) with my wares.

I have to say it took more preparation and organization than the parties I have had at my own house. If I forgot something, I was just going to have to do without it!

Thanks so much to all the friends and neighbors who came to enjoy the afternoon. My mom was a wonderful hostess. And I would not have survived without my friend, Sandra, who is so fast and accurate at adding up numbers! I hope everyone is enjoying their purchases, or looking forward to giving it as a gift over the holidays. I also really appreciate all the custom orders for soap and jewelry.

Here are a few pics from the event: 1) the very reliable table guard, Gray C., 2) me, working till the very end, and 3) it's showtime!

The entire event went very smoothly. If I had to share one lesson learned, it would be this: invest in some tubs with lids for traveling and organizing. I used an assortment of shopping bags, and they were a little difficult to handle and/or limited my ability to locate items and unpack quickly.
Hope your holiday craft party has been a success. Leave a comment and let me know.
Have a joyful holiday season. Merry Christmas, everyone!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats on your success! It looks like it was a lot of fun - here's to many more successful home parties!

QuintessentiallyEnglish said...

congratualtions! sounds like it went really well, and the table looks very well spread! adorable cat too!

MalibuBarbie112

OMB said...

I agree, the cat is adorable.
congrats on a successful party. Hopefully there will be many more to come.

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

Very cool. I really need a bigger house. sounds like fun.