Sunday, October 7, 2007

This Week's Poll

...is all about scented soap. I will be using the results of this poll to help me focus. I have so many ideas for scents and scent blends that I thought it might be a good idea to get input from customers and potential customers.

For those that aren't scent savvy, I'll give a quick overview. Essential oils are distilled from plants - leaves, stems, flowers, bark, etc. Essential oils can be blended together for more complex scents. Essential oil soaps tend to be a bit less heavily scented, or less "perfumey." Fragrance oils are manmade, and the sky is the limit for variety and strength.

And the rest is about personal preference. Do you like your soap to perfume you? What is your favorite scent family?

Thanks for all the responses! Stay tuned for more soap listings on Etsy. Seaside Spa, Ambrosia, & Lavender Bliss are just about ready to come off the curing rack to get their handmade paper sleeve and sticker. (See photo above)

Bath & Body Bliss on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5186201&section_id=5162662

4 comments:

w said...

thanks for the info! i love handmade soaps. (and i voted for my fav scent in your poll). :)

Mendy at Modern Charm said...

My all-time favorite scent for soap is grapefruit. My whole family loves it.

AdmiralSarah said...

You didn't list foody scents on your scent preferences poll! Their my favourites. Also, as for the strength of the scent, I like my soap experience to be intense, but I also prefer scents that fade into my skin and won't interfere with my perfume too much once I've dried off, like vanilla, skin musk, ginger and subtle sandalwood.

Bonghi Vestiti said...

Hi!
I have a hard time choosing but I kinda go toward peppermint mixed with anything..it wakes me up! haha
My son goes to school in Rochester Ny(RIT) and they are on the Atlantic Flyway...he bands birds of prey as well as song birds...they actually banded a warbler the other day that had both male and female feathers!! He said everyone was flipping out!!...he prefers the birds of prey though :)